When there are mushroom, cheese, and deep-fried breaded appetizer bites, nobody will be complaining! Making some easy mushroom croquettes for the family, for friends, or while hosting an event is something that people will surely appreciate. Everyone loves Spanish Tapas, so with this mushroom croquettes tapas recipe you will be definitely winning over some hearts. Within our site, you can find many other appetizer ideas, and we’ll list some of the above too!
Easy Mushroom Croquettes
When you want to make a mushroom croquettes tapas recipe you must know that it’s not the cleanest job to do, but it’s so worth it. Just like with the Cordon Bleu, breaded deep fried cheese, or breaded cauliflower, the mushroom croquettes are somewhat done with the same process.
If you’re looking for easy mushroom croquettes, this is definitely an easy one. After a trip to Barcelona in 2020, where I ate all the tapas I could and decided afterward that I’m going to write a cookbook, I had this Spanish croquette recipe in my head.
When I first did it, even if it was the really first time, I’ve noticed how great it is, and how easy mushroom croquettes are to make! I am just wondering now why I didn’t do it sooner? Spanish tapas is just great, and these recipes are great for appetizers for the family, or just for yourself. They are also excellent for gatherings, house parties, or events.
What do you need to make this Spanish croquette recipe?
First of all, you’ll need 2 pans, a small and a large one. Then, you’ll need three bowls for the different steps and a chopping board. Now you understand why it is a messy recipe to do? There are some dishes you’ll have to wash afterward. However, it’s really delicious finger food so every moment at the sink is worth it.
How to serve mushroom croquettes?
If you’ve got a Tapas bowl, that’s the best. These aren’t deep bowls, instead, they are a bit larger and it’s the nices way to serve different tapas dishes. It looks amazing on the table. Since tapas is basically finger food, you can serve croquettes with salads, dips, and other types of finger food on the side. Make sure to check out our list of tapas dishes for more inspiration!
Mushroom Croquettes Tapas Recipe
When it comes to the cheese to use in the mushroom croquettes tapas recipe, you have different options. The best is always to use a combination of mature cheese and a soft one. For example, Parmigiano Reggiano and Gouda are nice together.
As for the mushrooms, I always vote for the white champignons since they have a light taste and they are also easy to find. Otherwise, you don’t need too many things. Like, this one is not a breaded dish, so you don’t need breadcrumbs for example. However, since the ingredients are very soft, you must make sure to have the oil heated up well before you start cooking, or they might just fall apart. Okay, so are we ready for the Spanish croquette recipe?
Mushroom Croquettes Recipe – Spanish Croquettes
- 250 g Champignon
- 100 g Gouda Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Parsley
- Salt, Pepper
- Mushroom croquetas are very similar to the Ham and Cheese croquetas, and other deep fried, breaded recipes you could find on our website. This is the the traditional Spanish tapas Mushroom croquettes recipe however, it's a bit modified.
- Your first step to make mushroom croquettes is to sautee the mushrooms on olive oil. Put the olive oil in a pan, heat it up, thena dad the mushrooms and on medium heat sautee them until they soften up. (About 5 min)
- Take them off the pan, leave them to cool down a little, then chop them in small pieces. Like 0.5cm ones. Then, season them with salt and pepper and add the shredded gouda to it. You can also edd amentale or parmesan for stronger cheese taste.
- Melt the butter in a small pot, and add it to your mushroom and cheese mix. Add salt, pepper after taste, the parsley, and mix them all together.
- Add as last one the flour, and leave it all to cool down a little so you can start forming balls, or longer shapres. If you place it about 20 minutes in the fridge, it will cool down enough for that.
- Put vegetable oil in a depper pan, and just enough to cover completely your croquettes. Heat up the oil and in the meantime you can formed balls/longer shape, you first roll them in the flour, than in the eggs and put them right away to fry. It takes about 5 minutes to be done, but keep an eye when they get a nice golden color and take them off.